Good Environmental and Social Responsibility policies drive corporate change for the better. With well defined objectives and measurable targets, your CSR Accreditation will provide the foundation for steps towards running a more sustainable and ethical business.
What is CSR Accreditation?
Achieving CSR Accreditation is a visible testimony of excellence in Environmental and Social Responsibility. The accreditation helps you integrate social, environmental, ethical, human rights and consumer concerns into your business operations and strategy. A truly sustainable framework.
A CSR Accreditation can be used to:
- Become ESG Compliant – It delivers the information required for ESG (Environmental Social Governance) reporting
- Identify the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) which you may wish to support.
- Write a Social Value policy
- Reduce negative impact on climate change – Race to Zero
- Produce a Social Impact Report.
- Enrich, enable and engage employees, shareholders and stakeholders.
CSR-A run the only CSR Accreditation scheme in the UK and now operate globally
The CSR Accreditation is an effective way to benchmark what you are already doing with regard to environmental and social responsibility. It is a process in which you collate, measure and report on your organisation’s environmental and socially responsible activities. An accreditation will also provide you with a sustainable roadmap for planning future activity.
This is a fully holistic and inclusive approach that allows for all organisations – private, public and third sector and is for all sizes from sole traders to large corporations. It employs a white paper approach that promotes an organisation’s individuality.
The application process provides a simple and straightforward template where you record activity against the Social Responsibility ‘Four Pillars’ of environment, workplace, community and philanthropy. Each Social Responsibility Pillar is designed to help you impact report on areas such as energy performance, recycling, staff engagement, health and well-being, community engagement and support for local and national charities.
The establishment of a CSR Accreditation is a crucial component of a company’s competitiveness and something that should be led by the business itself. For companies, the overall aim is to achieve a positive impact on society as a whole while maximising the creation of shared value for the owners of the business, its employees, shareholders and stakeholders.
Click here for our full CSR Accreditation fees
- A social responsibility strategy can help you, the Managing Director, Business Owner or Senior Executive, set better goals, make better decisions and improve your relationships.
- A Social Responsibility programme will improve many business functions, like streamlining the hiring process, improve turnover, build a great team, as well as increase profits, sales and customer services.
- Consumers, employees, Investors, stakeholders and new recruits will not just expect to deal with responsible companies they will insist on it.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (Private Sector) -Large Companies
- Company Social Responsibility (Private Sector) - Sole Traders and SME’s
- Community Social Responsibility (Public Sector) -Local Authorities, Schools, Hospitals etc
- Charitable Social Responsibility (Third Sector) - Charities
- Consumer Social Responsibility - Products & Services
- Citizen Social Responsibility - Training & Workshops –
- All of Us – Collective Social Responsibility
- A successful audit of the policies and structures regarding responsible business practice that the applicant actually has in place. No matter what size your business, large or small, you submit an application based on the ‘Four Pillars of Social Responsibility ’ and the assessment guidance notes found here. Please remember that it is not essential that you deliver Social Responsibility activities in all four of the Social Responsibility pillars or everything on the associated lists, this is just a guide to help you structure your application.
- Meeting the required compliance level. All successful applications will receive a Gold, Silver or Bronze Accreditation. Any applicants that are unsuccessful will receive a gap analysis report on their application and a chance to re-apply within three months, which will incur and admin fee of £75.00 + VAT
- The applicant paying the specified Accreditation application fee.
- Bespoke Strategy Development - Materiality-led and aligned with your corporate objectives and positioning
- Employee Engagement - Retention and recruitment strategies.
- Integration of CSR & Governance Policies - to enhance sustainable growth, reduce reputation risk, and generate value.
- Ongoing Development - capacity building and impacts communications to all stakeholders
- ESG Compliance - Demonstrate best practice, policy and strategy for ESG scoring and measurement.
- Kick-Start Meeting - Our consultant will visit your premises for an initial briefing. This meeting can take place remotely if you prefer.
- Initial Assessment - To establish where you currently are on your CSR journey and where you want to be.
- Engaging Your Team - Our consultant will engage with different departments and staff roles in order to fully understand all your activities. Typical departments are; HR, Procurement, Marketing, Operations and Executive Team.
- Composing Your CSR Accreditation Application For Submission - With support from your personnel our consultant will collate all relevant materials and author for optimal submission.
- Provide Analysis and Evaluation - To recommend actions for improvement to be discussed at your executive team meetings.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), otherwise known as the Global Goals, are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. The Four Pillars of Social Responsibility include all 17 of the SDG’s, the accreditation process helps you identify these goals and where possible include them as part of your organisations application and Social Responsibility policy.
The CSR-A Mark of Excellence – Valid for 3 years
(Although you can resubmit at anytime)
Achieving CSR Accreditation is a visible testimony of your excellence in Social Responsibility.
The Accreditation shows you have integrated Social Responsibility initiatives throughout your business operations and provides you with real competitive advantage.
Upon successful Accreditation we will supply you with an Accreditation Pack and Logo Tool-kit for display across all your brand touch-points such as printed materials, websites and vehicles.
All successful CSR Accreditation’s will be automatically entered into the International CSR Excellence Awards.