Show you are an Accredited Social Responsibility Leader…
The process of achieving a CSR Accreditation begins with your own assessment of every aspect of your organisation’s Social Responsibility activities. No matter what size your business, large or small, you submit an application based on the ‘Social Responsibility Four Pillars’ and the assessment guidance notes.
CSR Accreditation is an effective way to benchmark what you are already doing with regard to social responsibility. It is a process in which you collate, measure and report on your organisation’s socially responsible activities. An accreditation will also provide you with a roadmap for planning future activity. The Accreditation application process provides a simple and straightforward template where you can record activity against the Social Responsibility Four Pillars of environment, workplace, community and philanthropy. Each Social Responsibility Pillar is designed to help you impact report on areas such as energy performance, recycling, staff engagement, health and well-being, community engagement and supporting local and national charities.
Please remember that it is not essential that you deliver Social Responsibility activities in all four of the CSR pillars or everything on the associated lists, this is just a guide to help you structure your application.
The Four Pillars of Social Responsibility:
Use the four pillars together with the assessment guidance notes to help you when submitting your application. You may also identify practices that are not shown by the four pillars. Please include anything you consider relevant.We are interested in all and any activity which benefits the environment and community.
Environmental Social Responsibility:
Focuses on eco-issues such as climate change.
Community Social Responsibility:
Businesses work with other organisations to improve the quality of life of the people in the local community.
Workplace Social Responsibility:
Policies that improve products and services and staff.
Philanthropic Social Responsibility:
Support charities through volunteering, donation or sponsorship.
Familiarise yourself with requirements of the assessment guidance notes. Look at what you already have in relation to what the four pillars. Carry out a gap analysis to identify areas that need addressing.
For help filling your CSR Accreditation Application Call 01494 444494 NOW
Please use the Application Support Information provided in the links below:
Please include documentation on policies, procedures and systems such as systems for recording energy saving, reviews of performance against strategic targets, impact reports and notes from audits. (See application form)
Is CSR Accreditation for our organisation?
Challenging the ‘C’ in CSR
Increasingly the term ‘corporate’ has been challenged.
This is because it excludes a large number of stakeholders, specifically the third and public sectors and because ‘corporate’ does not encompass sole traders or smaller SME’s. For this reason we have defined the ‘C’ in CSR to be more inclusive. We now recommend that the ‘C’ has a wider focus of audience specific meanings.
- Large Companies – Corporate Social Responsibility (Private Sector)
- Sole Traders and SME’s – Company Social Responsibility (Private Sector)
- Local Authorities, Schools, Hospitals etc – Community Social Responsibility (Public Sector)
- Charities – Charitable Social Responsibility (Third Sector)
- Products & Services – Consumer Social Responsibility
- Training & Workshops – Citizen Social Responsibility
- All of Us – Collective Social Responsibility
We can then surround these meanings with a Caring, Cohesive approach Common to the wider Collective.
CSR Accreditation Assessment Panel
The CSR-AA Panel is made up of individuals from organisations that have experience of Social Responsibility, benefit from Social Responsibility or advise on / implement Social Responsibility.
Every successful CSR Accreditation will benefit from:
- Three years CSR Accreditation
- A CSR Accreditation logo pack and guidelines
- An Accreditation certificate
- A tree planted in your name
- Automatic entry to the International CSR Excellence Awards
- Will feature in our CSR Accredited members directory
- 5% of every application fee will go to our nominated charity
Plus 3 year membership benefits:
- An Annual CSR Health Check – One hour free consultation meeting
- CSR Accreditation consultation call 6 months before you accreditation renewal
- Bi-annual Members newsletter
- Code of Conduct for members
- Social Responsibility Charter to share with your supply chain
- Dedicated members area on the CSR-A website providing exclusive content
- Exclusive members discounts for training, webinars and events
- 10% discount on your CSR Accreditation renewal application fee
Click here for information on the Accreditation Process
Check out the B P Collins CSR film