Good Social Responsibility policies drive corporate change for the better.
With well defined objectives and measurable targets, your CSR Accreditation will provide the foundation for steps towards running a more sustainable and ethical business.
What is CSR Accrediation?
Achieving CSR Accreditation is a visible testimony of excellence in Social Responsibility. The accreditation helps you integrate social, environmental, ethical, human rights and consumer concerns into your business operations and strategy.
The establishment of a CSR Accreditation is a crucial component of a company’s competitiveness and something that should be led by the business itself. For companies, the overall aim is to achieve a positive impact on society as a whole while maximising the creation of shared value for the owners of the business, its employees, shareholders and stakeholders.
CSR-A run the only CSR Accreditation scheme in the UK and now operate globally
The CSR Accreditation is an effective way to benchmark what you are already doing with regard to social responsibility. It is a process in which you collate, measure and report on your organisation’s socially responsible activities. An accreditation will also provide you with a roadmap for planning future activity.
This is a fully holistic and inclusive approach that allows for all organisations – private, public and third sector and is for all sizes from sole traders to large corporations. It employs a white paper approach that promotes an organisation’s individuality.
The application process provides a simple and straightforward template where you record activity against the Social Responsibility ‘Four Pillars’ of environment, workplace, community and philanthropy. Each Social Responsibility Pillar is designed to help you impact report on areas such as energy performance, recycling, staff engagement, health and well-being, community engagement and support for local and national charities.
CSR Accreditation helps with ESG (Environmental Social Governance) reporting and in identifying the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) which you may wish to support. The CSR Accreditation can be used to produce a Social Impact Report.
Click here for our full CSR Accreditation fees
- A social responsibility strategy can help you, the Managing Director, Business Owner or Senior Executive, set better goals, make better decisions and improve your relationships.
- A Social Responsibility programme will improve many business functions, like streamlining the hiring process, improve turnover, build a great team, as well as increase profits, sales and customer services.
- Consumers, employees, Investors, stakeholders and new recruits will not just expect to deal with responsible companies they will insist on it.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (Private Sector) -Large Companies
- Company Social Responsibility (Private Sector) - Sole Traders and SME’s
- Community Social Responsibility (Public Sector) -Local Authorities, Schools, Hospitals etc
- Charitable Social Responsibility (Third Sector) - Charities
- Consumer Social Responsibility - Products & Services
- Citizen Social Responsibility - Training & Workshops –
- All of Us – Collective Social Responsibility
- A successful audit of the policies and structures regarding responsible business practice that the applicant actually has in place. No matter what size your business, large or small, you submit an application based on the ‘Four Pillars of Social Responsibility ’ and the assessment guidance notes found here. Please remember that it is not essential that you deliver Social Responsibility activities in all four of the Social Responsibility pillars or everything on the associated lists, this is just a guide to help you structure your application.
- Meeting the required compliance level. All successful applications will receive a Gold, Silver or Bronze Accreditation. Any applicants that are unsuccessful will receive a gap analysis report on their application and a chance to re-apply within three months, which will incur and admin fee of £75.00 + VAT
- The applicant paying the specified Accreditation application fee.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), otherwise known as the Global Goals, are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. The Four Pillars of Social Responsibility include all 17 of the SDG’s, the accreditation process helps you identify these goals and where possible include them as part of your organisations application and Social Responsibility policy.
The CSR-A Mark of Excellence – Valid for 3 years
Achieving CSR Accreditation is a visible testimony of your excellence in Social Responsibility.
The Accreditation shows you have integrated Social Responsibility initiatives throughout your business operations and provides you with real competitive advantage.
Upon successful Accreditation we will supply you with an Accreditation Pack and Logo Tool-kit for display across all your brand touch-points such as printed materials, websites and vehicles.
All successful CSR Accreditation’s will be automatically entered into the International CSR Excellence Awards.